News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy shutting down..

Started by Berry Sweet, May 01, 2018, 06:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

...I don't know how many store but they are not making any profit...store such as H&M and Forever 21 are talk g over and they can't compete with them.

Gee, I wonder why?  How many people are rushing out to get that $150 shirt from the Gap?

Bricktop

I think the days of "fashion" as a social statement are done. Nobody cares about labels, let alone wanting to pay 10 times the worth just to display one.

The ultra-expensive fashion stores will thrive, but with the decline of the middle class, "high fashion for the masses" will follow it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...I don't know how many store but they are not making any profit...store such as H&M and Forever 21 are talk g over and they can't compete with them.

Gee, I wonder why?  How many people are rushing out to get that $150 shirt from the Gap?

No fucking surprise.

Frood

People don't waste as much money on clothes these days.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...I don't know how many store but they are not making any profit...store such as H&M and Forever 21 are talk g over and they can't compete with them.

Brick and mortar stores are having a hard time competing with online shopping.

Frood

I mostly buy online unless I see things heavily discounted in brick and mortar stores. At least 30% but prefer 50%.

The markup is so extreme in Australia.

A 30 dollar pair of jeans goes for 120 dollars plus here.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

We are so ripped off in this country.

But, if we didn't pay for that shit, they wouldn't sell it...so its on us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I mostly buy online unless I see things heavily discounted in brick and mortar stores. At least 30% but prefer 50%.

The markup is so extreme in Australia.

A 30 dollar pair of jeans goes for 120 dollars plus here.

I buy clothes  online too..

I know my size and I know the brands.

Bricktop

I like Costco because you get $120 jeans for $25, and if they don't fit its easy to return and exchange.

You can get brands like Levi, Nautica, Calvin Klein and others for half retail store prices.

Berry Sweet

Costco is ok...I can't stand their parking tho.

Berry Sweet

I took Lo shopping today at H&M....got her a Nirvana sweater...she likes Nirvana!!  I so wish alternative and rock would make a comeback.

Bricktop

Why not?

You can land a jumbo in the car park here...and they give more space per car than any other car park in the city.

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"What's "land a jumbo?"

A 747